This blog has been created so that students at OHS can have a place to share their photos on a regular basis. We welcome any constructive critism, as well as positive feedback.

Monday, February 14, 2011

2/3/11

Ashley took this photograph.
“Hidden” Model: Salina Judkins.




This photograph took multiple tries before I got my desired result. It was hard to make Salina’s face stand out against the evergreen’s branches; therefore I had to take several shots from different angels. I used an aperture of f/4.9 and a shutter speed of 1/250 of a second. The aperture size I used was very small because for this image my camera did not have to focus as much. I used a fast shutter speed because it was very sunny outside. I used the auto exposure mood and the auto white balance mode as well. The contrast between Salina’s dark eyes and her pale face makes her eyes the main focus of the image. The depth of field is very shallow in this shot because I was only half of a meter away when taking this photo. I shot this photograph with my Canon Powershot SD 1100 IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment