This blog has been created so that students at OHS can have a place to share their photos on a regular basis. We welcome any constructive critism, as well as positive feedback.

Monday, February 22, 2010

2/21/10

Sarah took this photo.

I used this picture as an attractive image because these sap cones have a very interesting yellow/greenish color and it really stands out in the winter. I believe it is repulsive in the summer, the sticky sap cones fall off on the ground, and then when I'm running around barefoot they stick to my feet and clothes and then leave marks! They are a nuisance, but when you look at the true beauty of them they don't seem as repulsive. I used the color balance adjustment layer on this and it brought out the yellow and gave it a warmer tone.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this photo because of the color difference between the blue background and the yellow/green buds. It looks like she used macro on this to capture the focus of the buds that lead your eye down the stem and into the blurred. unfocused, background. it uses the rule of thirds because the focal point is on the right hand side. Overall, I think this is a pretty good picture!

    ReplyDelete