This blog has been created so that students at OHS can have a place to share their photos on a regular basis. We welcome any constructive critism, as well as positive feedback.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3/28/10

Apollo is the god of light or the sun. He is also the patron god of arts and is personified as the "perfect man." Apollo was also supposedly the first to win a gold metal in the olympic games. (I think this is ironic since Apolo Ohno is the most decorated winter olypian)

To make this photograph I set set up a flash light in a completely dark room and took a picture of someone's hand. Then in photoshop I made the picture black and white and did made "sunrays from scratch." (This is explained in my Rays picture)
Amanda created this photograph.

7 comments:

  1. I like how this picture shows that the light is coming out of his hand. Like the man is so powerful. I like how the hand had the wedding band on the finger to represent that he is being pure to another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how you used the hand as the focal point and then made it dramatic with the rays coming from the center of the hand to make it look like the hand is becoming dust. this photo is very interesting.nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this photo is really cool. It really captures Apollo and how he is the god of light. The rays of light that come off the hand are really sweet looking, and i love the how some of the rays are on top of the hand, but some are also behind the fingers, almost like the fingers are the source of the light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture is really cool. I think the effect automatically gives a 'god of light' feeling, and the way the light is coming right out of his hand seems very powerful. I think the effects were used well and i really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this picture. i like how you created the lighting, it almost makes it look like somethings coming out of the hand. Also the thumb has a lot of lighting on it with a really background which makes it the focal point. I also like how you put the center of rays of light into the middle of the picture. good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this picture, and the lighting and how you did like coming from the hand, and i like how the hand is the focal point, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this picture because the subject because of how the light looks like it is going through the hand there is a wide verity of of contrast.
    SC OHS

    ReplyDelete