This blog has been created so that students at OHS can have a place to share their photos on a regular basis. We welcome any constructive critism, as well as positive feedback.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3/9/10

Megan took this photograph.
For this photo, I took a picture of a jewel and it was very difficult to make the big jewel the focal point because there were other jewels in the background that were distracting. I played with the photo's background trying to make it darker and then I tried lighter. In the end, I burned the jewel and dodged the background because it looked the best and gave more focus on the large jewel. I think that the photo gives off a cold mood and a pure feeling because the background is very light and the jewel has tints of black in it.

4 comments:

  1. The jewel really stands out because the background is blurred but you can still see the other jewels that are glistening from the light! I really like this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great photo! All the colors and light in the jewel make it pop. There’s also a sense of darkness in the jewel that really contrasts against the bright background. One other contributor to this jewel really popping is the blurred background. I also like how the jewel isn’t centered. It’s more off to the left. It’s wonderful. Nice Work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the subject has color in it to help it stand out, and how the background is blurred, but the subject is in focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this photo because, you have the background blurred and the jewel just stands out, and its sparkly in the back ground. its great, good job.

    ReplyDelete