This blog has been created so that students at OHS can have a place to share their photos on a regular basis. We welcome any constructive critism, as well as positive feedback.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

5/11/10

Savannah took this photograph.


I took this photo of an egg yolk being held over grass. Personally, I think eggs are the most disgusting things in the world, whether they're cooked or not. So in my photo, I toned down some of the colors, like the grass and hand, but left the yolk as yellow as possible. I burned all of the creases in the hands, as well as the outside of them, to define them, more. I burned the egg yolk a little bit too, because it made it contrast more. I used two light sources for this photo: a shop light and the sun. I am pretty pleased with the way this photo turned out, as a whole.

1 comment:

  1. The egg in this photo does look really repulsive, but I really like how it looks dripping to the ground and the contrast between the yellow egg and the grass. The darkness in the grass makes the hands pop out really nicely too. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete